A high impact resistant, UV stable, extruded aluminium flashing strip designed to give an aesthetic, clean line definition between waterproofing membrane and applied wall finishes, and support membrane protection.
PROTECTOFLASH™ is suitable for use with all GCP sheet and liquid membrane systems, as well as for GCP BITUTHENE®. It provides excellent low cost edge flashing detail for basement retaining walls, planter box walls and landscaped podium decks. Suitable for in-situ or precast concrete as well as brick or masonry construction.
- Very economical in material and installed labour costs
- Light weight, easy to transport & handle.
- PROTECTOFLASH™ is installed after walls have been constructed and landscape heights have been accurately determined. This eliminates costly errors.
- Simple drill-and-pin fixing
- Aluminium construction reduces buckling or distortion issues, common with steel compression flashings.
- No expensive stainless steel cover flashings or sawcutting is required
- Firmlysecurestopedgeofwaterproofmembraneand PROTECTOBOARD™ membrane protection
- May be powder coated or painted
Inspect waterproofing membrane and repair if necessary before installation of PROTECTOFLASH™.
- Cut, score, bend fit or otherwise apply to surface.
- Position flat side of PROTECTOFLASH™ against top edge of membrane tanking, with bottom leg of the profile securely retaining the PROTECTOBOARD™.
- Drill and fasten with concrete pins fixed through pre-scored flat centre section.
- Butt join strips to give a neat finish. Seal joints with SILCOR® LM PU sealant as required.
- Fix PROTECTOFLASH™ at approximately 300- 500mm centres to provide a clean edge for render or paint.
- Seal top rebate between PROTECTOFLASH™ and wall with SILCOR® LM PU sealant.
NOTE: Any special needs should be referred to GCP Technical Department
|Finish||Mill Finish Aluminium|
PROTECTOFLASH™ is supplied in 3m lengths. Standard Profile is 41mm x 7mm.
Health and Safety
In case of spills and accidents, refer to the MSDS of the products or when in doubt contact your local GCP representative. Always wear protective clothing, gloves and protective goggles when handling chemical products. For full information, consult the relevant MSDS.
Information contained in this document does not cover all possible application scenarios or imply product suitability for an application. Please contact your local GCP representative or the GCP Technical Department for further information.
GCP and contractors recognised by GCP as experienced in the application of GCP products will provide warranties for individual projects. Warranty periods offered are dependent on project details and complexity. Requests for very long warranty periods may necessitate increased membrane thicknesses to ensure longevity. Contact your local GCP representative for further details.
Release Date: 02/11/18. The information contained in this product data sheet supersedes all previous versions.
gcpat.com.au | Australia customer service: 1800 855 525
Australia 1800 334 444 New Zealand 0800 552 235 China Mainland +86 21 3158 2888 Hong Kong +852 2675 7898 India +91 124 402 8972 Indonesia +62 21 893 4260 Japan +81 3 5226 0231 Korea +82 32 820 0800 Malaysia +60 3 9074 6133 Philippines +63 49 549 7373 Singapore +65 6265 3033 Thailand +66 2 709 4470 Vietnam +84 8 3710 6168
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
PROTECTOFLASH, SILCOR and BITUTHENE are trademarks of GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2019 GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Printed in Australia GCP PDS 072 07/17
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in Australia. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.com.au. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2019-02-15